Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
afternoon news Roundup
Connecting the Dots: Afternoon edition for Wednesday, March 28, 2012
What's in a name? After a controversy over competing tax initiatives on the November ballot, Governor Jerry Brown has renamed his tax plan after one of the competing plans. The Governor’s tax is now called the “Millionaires’ Tax,” the name of the now-defunct plan proposed by the California Federation of teachers. But it begins taxing individual income at $250,000...
Prosecutors are not likely to seek the death penalty for the man accused of killing five people in an Ingleside home…
No private limo at your beck and call? Not to worry: compared to other US transit systems, MUNI is apparently a bargain…
For those seeking alternatives to the alternatives, A San Jose conference showcases the variety of electric means of transportation...
And for those seeking a different kind of alternative: sugar daddies are more likely to live in San Francisco than in any other city.