Contribute to San Francisco's future: Host a student intern
SFUSD SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM 2013
For information about this program, please contact Matthew Corallo at 415-379-7769 or Corallom@sfusd.edu
Hosting an intern is one of the single most important ways a business or individual can support students as they become young adults. Providing perspective and guidance to a young person as they navigate to adulthood changes lives in addition to building brand recognition and improving the workforce of San Francisco.
San Francisco 11th graders (juniors) enrolled in Career Academies and Pathways have been preparing all year to intern over the summer as part of their industry specific Career and Technical Education course. During the year these students have been diligently preparing and are now ready to spend time in the workplace. Over the summer, before their senior year in High School, they will need your mentoring while they spend six weeks (20 hours/week) in the workplace.
Benefits of Hosting an Intern:
- The internship program offers a terrific opportunity to mentor high school students as they prepare for higher learning and enter the workforce.
- Supporting student internships provides meaningful opportunities for students to thoughtfully engage in the workplace
- Hosting an internship allows professionals the opportunity to catch up on those projects that never seem to get finished.
- Hiring a student intern for six weeks this summer is an investment in our community and in our students.
- Hosting an intern deepens a student’s education. Students have the opportunity to participate in a summer seminar program and earn up 10 high school credits for their summer internship.
Obligations of Hosting an Intern:
- Internships last for six weeks and students typically report to work for 20 hours per week. Hours are flexible and can be worked out to match host and student needs.
- Students should have relevant and meaningful work assignments.
- Hiring a student intern costs a total of 680 dollars.
- A Memorandum of Understanding must be secured before the start of the internship.
THERE ARE ALSO OPPORTUNITIES FOR AN ORGANIZATION TO SPONSOR A STUDENT WHO IS AN INTERN FOR ANOTHER ORGANIZATION. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN OUR SPONSORHIP PROGRAM.