Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
City Visions: August 19, 2013
A Conversation with San Francisco Public Defender Jeff Adachi
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Supreme Court's landmark decision guaranteeing all criminal defendants the right to an attorney, regardless of their ability to pay for one. City Visions host Joseph Pace speaks with San Francisco public defender Jeff Adachi about the challenges that persist in ensuring justice for the poor and what his office is doing to keep vulnerable populations out of the system.
Producer: Susie Britton