Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- Your Call: What do students and parents need to know before they take out student loans?
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
City Visions: December 17, 2012
The Corner Grocery: Creating Community
Can the corner grocery store bring prosperity to a community? Consumers are making more trips to drug, club, and dollar stores, and taking precious community money out of their neighborhoods. City Visions talks with Bay Area businesses that are re-circulating the food dollars to bring health and wealth to local residents, farmers, and artisans.
- Brahm Ahmadi -- Founder, People's Community Market, co-founder People's Grocery
- Sam Mogannam -- Owner, San Francisco's Bi-Rite Market and co-author of "Eat Good Food: A Grocer’s Guide to Shopping, Cooking & Creating Community Through Food"
- Bill Fujimoto -- Consultant, former co-owner and operator of Berkeley independent produce retailer, Monterey Market
Producer: Lisa Denenmark