Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
City Visions: December 17, 2012
The Corner Grocery: Creating Community
Can the corner grocery store bring prosperity to a community? Consumers are making more trips to drug, club, and dollar stores, and taking precious community money out of their neighborhoods. City Visions talks with Bay Area businesses that are re-circulating the food dollars to bring health and wealth to local residents, farmers, and artisans.
- Brahm Ahmadi -- Founder, People's Community Market, co-founder People's Grocery
- Sam Mogannam -- Owner, San Francisco's Bi-Rite Market and co-author of "Eat Good Food: A Grocer’s Guide to Shopping, Cooking & Creating Community Through Food"
- Bill Fujimoto -- Consultant, former co-owner and operator of Berkeley independent produce retailer, Monterey Market
Producer: Lisa Denenmark