Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Arts & Culture
The Corner Laughers
Today's music is by The Corner Laughers. The name derives from the admiration that the band has for “those who remain amused and observant from the sidelines of this ridiculous world.” Their songs may bring to mind a carefree summer, but their lyrics often contain hints of the first chills of autumn. The Corner Laughers are one of seven bands being showcased at San Francisco's Bottom of the Hill on Wednesday, April 25. Doors open at 7pm, and music begins at 8pm.