Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Costco Leads Fight To Privatize Wash. Liquor Sales
Voters in Washington state will decide whether to privatize the sale of hard liquor on Tuesday. Currently spirits can be sold only at state-run or contract liquor stores. Retail giant Costco has been pouring money — about $22 million — into advertising in favor of getting the initiative passed.