Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
Around the Nation
Couple Celebrates 50 Years With Another Big Plunge
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Fifty years after taking the plunge, a New Mexico couple celebrated by skydiving in tandem. Alan Dodd wanted to do something different to mark their golden anniversary. His wife Pat needed some convincing. She gave in because, as she told Albuquerque's KRQE-TV, retirement has given the couple time to do crazy things. Apparently their four children are still in shock, and Alan is trying to convince Pat to do it again on the 75th. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.