Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Around the Nation
Couple Celebrates 50 Years With Another Big Plunge
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Fifty years after taking the plunge, a New Mexico couple celebrated by skydiving in tandem. Alan Dodd wanted to do something different to mark their golden anniversary. His wife Pat needed some convincing. She gave in because, as she told Albuquerque's KRQE-TV, retirement has given the couple time to do crazy things. Apparently their four children are still in shock, and Alan is trying to convince Pat to do it again on the 75th. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.