Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Crisis Talks In Cannes Over Greek Bailout Plan
But investors' eyes are on the French resort of Cannes, where Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou "faces a grilling from the leaders of Germany and France" later today, as Reuters says, because of his decision to let the people of Greece vote on whether to accept a $178 bailout package that will impose further austerity measures on that nation.
Bloomberg News says "European leaders racing to prevent their week-old debt crisis strategy from unravelling convene emergency talks today to tell Greece there is no alternative to the budget cuts imposed in the bailout plan."