Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Crisis Talks In Cannes Over Greek Bailout Plan
But investors' eyes are on the French resort of Cannes, where Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou "faces a grilling from the leaders of Germany and France" later today, as Reuters says, because of his decision to let the people of Greece vote on whether to accept a $178 bailout package that will impose further austerity measures on that nation.
Bloomberg News says "European leaders racing to prevent their week-old debt crisis strategy from unravelling convene emergency talks today to tell Greece there is no alternative to the budget cuts imposed in the bailout plan."