Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
Open Air ~ 10/3 at 1pm
Crissy Broadcast ~ The Taming ~ Conductor Heras-Casado ~ October Music preview
This week, host David Latulippe is in conversation with composer and vocalist Lisa Bielawa about the "Crissy Broadcast" - a site-specific composition that will be performed by hundreds of musicians at Crissy Field in San Francisco later this month; Spanish conductor Pablo Heras-Casado shares details about his concert programs with the San Francisco Symphony which explores the music of Felix Mendelssohn and Thomas Ades; Lauren Gunderson and Marissa Wolf discuss their roles as playwright and director of "The Taming" at Crowded Fire Theater - a timely take on political rhetoric; and SF Chronicle's music critic Joshua Kosman offers his classical music picks for the month ahead. Open Air, originally broadcast on Thursday October 3, 2013 at 1pm.