Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Crosscurrents: October 16, 2013
The Google Bus Show! San Francisco has a parallel, private transit system: how is the city dealing with it? They take up MUNI bus stops and back up traffic as these private busses stop seemingly wherever they like in the cty; but then they get tons of commuters out of their cars and into mass transit. Are these symbols of the Bay Area's Tech Boom and gentrification of San Francisco something to be feared or embraced?