Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Crosscurrents: October 16, 2013
The Google Bus Show! San Francisco has a parallel, private transit system: how is the city dealing with it? They take up MUNI bus stops and back up traffic as these private busses stop seemingly wherever they like in the cty; but then they get tons of commuters out of their cars and into mass transit. Are these symbols of the Bay Area's Tech Boom and gentrification of San Francisco something to be feared or embraced?