Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Around the Nation
Customers Help Robbed Coffee Kiosk Recover
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. OK, there are flash mobs and then there's a cash mob. That's what happened at one coffee kiosk this weekend near Portland, organized by a loyal regular. The Oregonian reports customer cars overflowed the parking lot as customers helped Black Rock Coffee Bar bounce back from two robberies in just two weeks. Many gave cash donations, as much as $100, returning the favor to a coffee kiosk that's supported communities' sports teams and schools. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.