Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Arts & Culture
You’ve probably heard of Bay Area music mainstay Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks. But have you ever heard them perform live? The Chronicle says of Hicks, "So few truly original figures exist in pop music that Dan Hicks should be a national treasure."
He has a big 70th birthday celebration at San Francisco’s Davies Hall in April, but you can hear him in a more relaxed show tomorrow (February 24) at the Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center, in Livermore, starting at 8pm.