Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Open Air ~ 2/13/14 at 1pm
Dance Lightly ~ Speak Easy ~ Fiddle Fiercely ~ Valentine's Day
This week on Open Air with David Latulippe, Laura Elaine Ellis and Kendra Kimbrough Barnes talk about the month-long celebration of the Black Choreographers Festival: Here & Now, now in its 10th year; Dutch violinist Simone Lamsma shares details about her appearance this week with the San Francisco Symphony, where she plays the Violin Concerto in D minor by Jean Sibelius (1865-1957); we’ll learn from producer Geoffrey Nolan and actors Will Trichon and Ted Zoldan about The Speakeasy, a Boxcar Theatre production at an 'undisclosed location', which recreates an authentic Prohibition-era saloon; and regular contributor Peter Robinson offers his thoughts on Valentine’s Day. Open Air with David Latulippe, originally broadcast on February 13, 2014 at 1pm.