Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
A Day in the Life of a Skyline High Student
For many high school seniors the future is filled with excitement and uncertainty-- college applications, the prospect of saying goodbye to friends and family, and that occasional touch of senioritis. At Skyline High School in Oakland one student is trying to squeeze everything she possibly can into her final year. Here is a day in the energetic and jam packed life of Skyline student Hydea’ Burgess.
Click the audio player above to hear the entire story.
Emma Ishii is a student reporter at Mills College in Oakland. Mills reporters spent a semester getting to know the kids, teachers and culture of Skyline High School to bring us a portrait of the school.