Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Diagnosing Yourself With Dr. Google? Get A Second Opinion
Women are twice as likely to consult Google for a health diagnosis as opposed to a real doctor — but apparently one in four women end up misdiagnosing themselves from the information they get on the Internet.
Citing a recent study in Britain, an article in Week Magazine explains that women are consulting “Dr. Google” about their health symptoms. Perhaps women are simply plugging their symptoms into a Google search engine to see what pops up. But it’s possible that women are actually going to the following site: http://fffff.at/dr-google/ for E-diagnoses.
It looks just like the Google homepage with a couple of differences.
This article was originally published on TurnstyleNews.com on May 11, 2012.