Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
City Visions: December 10, 2012
Digital Distraction: Impact of Technology on Student Learning
City Visions explores the ways that digital media use by school-aged children may be changing how they perform in the classroom. Are students losing their ability to focus as a result of spending so much time online? Or does digital entertainment provide positive tools to boost students’ creativity and motivation? Host Joseph Pace and guests discuss a study that examined these questions and more.
Vicky Rideout, President of VJR Consulting
Caroline Knorr, Parenting Editor for Common Sense Media
Roni Habib, social studies teacher and tech coordinator at Gunn High School in Palo Alto