Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
City Visions: December 10, 2012
Digital Distraction: Impact of Technology on Student Learning
City Visions explores the ways that digital media use by school-aged children may be changing how they perform in the classroom. Are students losing their ability to focus as a result of spending so much time online? Or does digital entertainment provide positive tools to boost students’ creativity and motivation? Host Joseph Pace and guests discuss a study that examined these questions and more.
Vicky Rideout, President of VJR Consulting
Caroline Knorr, Parenting Editor for Common Sense Media
Roni Habib, social studies teacher and tech coordinator at Gunn High School in Palo Alto