Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Out in the Bay ~ 9/26/13
Dolores Deluce, "Counter-Culture Diva," confesses
Dedicated to capturing the oral history of queer San Francisco, Out In The Bay host Marilyn Pittman interviews a legendary figure of the 1960s, '70s, and '80s: former Cockettes member Dolores Deluce. Her memoir, "My Life, A Four-Letter Word: Confessions of a Counter-Culture Diva," made Amazon's Top 20 and is an intimate, honest look back at life in the city during its radical heyday. Friends with Divine and Sylvester, lover to many gay men, witness to the devastation of AIDS, Dolores is a survivor with stories to tell. " alt="<--break->" src="/sites/all/modules/contrib/wysiwyg/plugins/break/images/spacer.gif" data-cke-saved-src="/sites/all/modules/contrib/wysiwyg/plugins/break/images/spacer.gif">(Aired Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013)
Enlarge imageDolores Deluce
Arts & Culture
Out in the Bay ~ 5/30/13 - 7pm