Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
Out in the Bay ~ 9/26/13
Dolores Deluce, "Counter-Culture Diva," confesses
Dedicated to capturing the oral history of queer San Francisco, Out In The Bay host Marilyn Pittman interviews a legendary figure of the 1960s, '70s, and '80s: former Cockettes member Dolores Deluce. Her memoir, "My Life, A Four-Letter Word: Confessions of a Counter-Culture Diva," made Amazon's Top 20 and is an intimate, honest look back at life in the city during its radical heyday. Friends with Divine and Sylvester, lover to many gay men, witness to the devastation of AIDS, Dolores is a survivor with stories to tell. " alt="<--break->" src="/sites/all/modules/contrib/wysiwyg/plugins/break/images/spacer.gif" data-cke-saved-src="/sites/all/modules/contrib/wysiwyg/plugins/break/images/spacer.gif">(Aired Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013)
Enlarge imageDolores Deluce
Arts & Culture
Out in the Bay ~ 5/30/13 - 7pm