Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
Out in the Bay ~ 9/26/13
Dolores Deluce, "Counter-Culture Diva," confesses
Dedicated to capturing the oral history of queer San Francisco, Out In The Bay host Marilyn Pittman interviews a legendary figure of the 1960s, '70s, and '80s: former Cockettes member Dolores Deluce. Her memoir, "My Life, A Four-Letter Word: Confessions of a Counter-Culture Diva," made Amazon's Top 20 and is an intimate, honest look back at life in the city during its radical heyday. Friends with Divine and Sylvester, lover to many gay men, witness to the devastation of AIDS, Dolores is a survivor with stories to tell. " alt="<--break->" src="/sites/all/modules/contrib/wysiwyg/plugins/break/images/spacer.gif" data-cke-saved-src="/sites/all/modules/contrib/wysiwyg/plugins/break/images/spacer.gif">(Aired Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013)
Enlarge imageDolores Deluce
Arts & Culture
Out in the Bay ~ 5/30/13 - 7pm