Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Employing the "Unemployable"
Phyllis Kaplan has helped a number of so-called "unemployable" people--those with significant disabilities--to find employment. I find her inspirational. Perhaps you will too. She'll be my guest on the Nov. 3, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko.
And in the 2nd half of the show, I invite you to call in---disabled or not--for a 3-Minute Workover, in which I try to help you with your career conundrum. I usually can help you take at least a baby step toward getting unstuck.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.