Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Robots: a Hands-On Approach to STEM Education
- Your Call: Should orcas be held captive for human entertainment?
- How Should Bay Area Cities Regulate E-Cigarettes?
Arts & Culture
A Eulogy for He and She
Award winning Indian Filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh died suddenly at the age of 49 last week. At a time when rising acceptance of alternative sexuality in India has meant increasingly hard-coded labels — lesbian, gay, MSM, bisexual, transgender — Rituparno blurred all the boundaries with his androgyny. “It is for me to decide whether I will stand in the queue for men or for women or neither of the two,” he once said.