Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
Arts & Culture
A Eulogy for He and She
Award winning Indian Filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh died suddenly at the age of 49 last week. At a time when rising acceptance of alternative sexuality in India has meant increasingly hard-coded labels — lesbian, gay, MSM, bisexual, transgender — Rituparno blurred all the boundaries with his androgyny. “It is for me to decide whether I will stand in the queue for men or for women or neither of the two,” he once said.