Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
A father reflects on the daily realities of parenting as a team
Living a balanced life requires an early morning for KALW's executive news editor Ben Trefny. It takes getting up before 6am to prepare lunch, and then breakfast, for his family, and that's just the start. In this commentary, he reflects upon the efforts he and his working wife make to give what they want to their kids and to each other.
BEN TREFNY: My wife works full time, and she takes care of a lot of stuff at home. She will tell me if I'm not paying the attention that I could to the family. And there's times when I'm not, because I get caught up in other things.
Click the audio player above to hear the complete story.