Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
A father reflects on the daily realities of parenting as a team
Living a balanced life requires an early morning for KALW's executive news editor Ben Trefny. It takes getting up before 6am to prepare lunch, and then breakfast, for his family, and that's just the start. In this commentary, he reflects upon the efforts he and his working wife make to give what they want to their kids and to each other.
BEN TREFNY: My wife works full time, and she takes care of a lot of stuff at home. She will tell me if I'm not paying the attention that I could to the family. And there's times when I'm not, because I get caught up in other things.
Click the audio player above to hear the complete story.