Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- Women in STEM: Marine Mammal Center combines science with animal welfare
- Nine ideas to solve San Francisco's housing crisis
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
- A Survey of Mission District families tries to discover why kids are falling behind
A father reflects on the daily realities of parenting as a team
Living a balanced life requires an early morning for KALW's executive news editor Ben Trefny. It takes getting up before 6am to prepare lunch, and then breakfast, for his family, and that's just the start. In this commentary, he reflects upon the efforts he and his working wife make to give what they want to their kids and to each other.
BEN TREFNY: My wife works full time, and she takes care of a lot of stuff at home. She will tell me if I'm not paying the attention that I could to the family. And there's times when I'm not, because I get caught up in other things.
Click the audio player above to hear the complete story.