Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Where is San Francisco's transportation system headed?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
A father reflects on the daily realities of parenting as a team
Living a balanced life requires an early morning for KALW's executive news editor Ben Trefny. It takes getting up before 6am to prepare lunch, and then breakfast, for his family, and that's just the start. In this commentary, he reflects upon the efforts he and his working wife make to give what they want to their kids and to each other.
BEN TREFNY: My wife works full time, and she takes care of a lot of stuff at home. She will tell me if I'm not paying the attention that I could to the family. And there's times when I'm not, because I get caught up in other things.
Click the audio player above to hear the complete story.