Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
February 15, 2013
46th day of 2013, 319 remaining
29% of the moon is visible, setting at 11:48pm, rising at 9:46am
Low Tides at the Golden Gate: o9:12am/o8:54pm
High Tides: o2:47am/03:36pm
Special Celebrations today:
Today is Candlemas Day
It's National Gum Drop Day
It's Doghouse Day
Singles Awareness Day
International Flirting week
On this day in...
1758 Mustard was first advertised in the U.S. It was imported by Benjamin Franklin.
1842 The first adhesive postage stamp went on sale.
1965 Canada unfurled its new red and white Maple Leaf flag.
1971 Britain adopted decimal currency.
1986 President Marcos of the Philippines claimed victory in the country's presidential election.
If today's your birthday, you share it with:
Susan B. Anthony
Tags: Daily Almanac/tides