Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
February 19, 2013
50th day of 2013, 315 remaining
66% of the moon is visible, setting at 02:28am, rising at 12:33pm
Low Tides at the Golden Gate: 00:08am/01:32pm
High Tides: 06:09am/08:51pm
Special Celebrations today:
Today is National Chocolate Mint Day
It's Pay Your Bills Week...
This is National Snack Food Month and Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month
On this day in...
1878 Thomas Alva Edison received a patent for the phonograph
1922 Ed Wynn's radio program had the first live studio audience
1985 Cherry Coke was introduced
1986 The Soviet Union launched the Mir space station.
If today's your birthday, you share it with:
Benicio Del Torro
Tags: Daily Almanac/tides