Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
KALW Daily Almanac
February 21, 2013
52th day of 2013, 313 remaining
82% of the moon is visible, setting at 03:58am, rising at 02:18pm
Low Tides at the Golden Gate: 02:08am/03:02pm
High Tides: 08:01am/10:06pm
Special Celebrations today:
Today is National Sticky Bun Day
It's Card Readning Day
This is National Snack Food Month and Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month National Heart Month
On this day in...
1842: John Greenough patented the sewing machine.
1866:Lucy Hobbs became the first woman to graduate from dental school.
1874: The Oakland Daily Tribune began publication
1878: The first telephone directory was issued.
1975: Haldeman, Earlichman, Mithcell and Dean...you know what I mean.. were sentenced for their part in the Watergate scandal
If today's your birthday, you share it with:
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Tags: Daily Almanac/tides