Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
KALW Daily Almanac
February 21, 2013
52th day of 2013, 313 remaining
82% of the moon is visible, setting at 03:58am, rising at 02:18pm
Low Tides at the Golden Gate: 02:08am/03:02pm
High Tides: 08:01am/10:06pm
Special Celebrations today:
Today is National Sticky Bun Day
It's Card Readning Day
This is National Snack Food Month and Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month National Heart Month
On this day in...
1842: John Greenough patented the sewing machine.
1866:Lucy Hobbs became the first woman to graduate from dental school.
1874: The Oakland Daily Tribune began publication
1878: The first telephone directory was issued.
1975: Haldeman, Earlichman, Mithcell and Dean...you know what I mean.. were sentenced for their part in the Watergate scandal
If today's your birthday, you share it with:
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Tags: Daily Almanac/tides