Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
KALW Daily Almanac
February 22, 2013
53th day of 2013, 312 remaining
89% of the moon is visible, setting at 04:37am, rising at 03:15pm
Low Tides at the Golden Gate: 02:54am/03:37pm
High Tides: 08:50am/10:36pm
Special Celebrations today:
Today is National Margarita Day
It's Walking the dog Day
It's International Thinking Day
Be Humble Day
This is National Snack Food Month and Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket
Month National Heart Month
On this day in...
1630: The indians showed the Pilgrims how to make popcorn.
1860:The First organized baseball game was played in San Francisco.
1879: F.C. Woolworth opened the first fave and dime store in Utica New York.
1878: The first dog track to use an imitation rabbit opened in Emeryville, Ca.
1966:The Russians launched Kosmos 110 with a two dog crew.
If today's your birthday, you share it with:
Tags: Daily Almanac/tides