Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Finish This Sentence: 'Before I Die, I Want To ...'
Originally published on Thu May 3, 2012 11:47 am
Artist Candy Chang turned the wall of an abandoned house in New Orleans into "a giant chalkboard where residents can write on the wall and remember what is important to them."
You can get a sense of the kind of things people write from the BeforeIdiewall Twitter page. They range from the very aspirational ("inspire change") to the practical ("lose those 10 kilos") to the just fun ("kiss Ryan Gosling").
Chang encourages others to put up such walls. There's a "build your own" webpage of tips and guides here.
We wonder, of course, what Two-Way readers would say. Feel free to post your answers in the comments thread — and on Twitter @BeforeIdiewall.
(H/T to Alan Greenblatt.)