Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Former Canadian Football Stars Fight Caught On Tape
Originally published on Tue November 29, 2011 9:16 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. It's never too late to settle a score. Joe Kapp and Angelo Mosca are former Canadian Football League stars. They supposedly haven't liked each other since competing in 1963.
Last week, the 73-year-olds were honored at a lunch. Kapp offered a flower as a peace gesture. Mosca rejected it, and lashed out with his cane. Kapp advanced with his fists.
In a videotaped display so startling some think it was staged, one senior citizen knocked the other to the floor. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.