Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
France, England Tussle Over Painting Of Christ
The painting whose title translates to "Christ Carrying the Cross" was completed by French Baroque painter Nicolas Tournier in the 1630s, only to disappear from France in 1818. The canvas turned up in Italy a couple years ago. A gallery in London eventually purchased it and brought it to a showing in Paris. Now the French government is trying to keep the painting saying it was stolen.