Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Fresh Air Weekend
Fresh Air Weekend: Paul McCartney, Aziz Ansari
Originally published on Sat April 7, 2012 10:11 am
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Paul McCartney Blows 'Kisses' To His Father's Era: McCartney recently released a collection of standards — songs he heard while growing up in Liverpool. He talks about several of those songs, and his own songwriting, from his home studio.
Aziz Ansari's Latest Is 'Dangerously Delicious': The comedian, who plays Tom Haverford on the NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation, just released a new comedy special directly on his website. He's also embarking on a multicity tour, where he'll be riffing on the things that terrify him — marriage, for instance, and babies.