Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Arts & Culture
Friday at 11am: Radio Ambulante's new English-language special
Immediately following the Your Call media roundtable, stay tuned for a new English-language special from Radio Ambulante, the groundbreaking Spanish-language podcast that uses the narrative journalism associated with This American Life to tell the stories of Latin America and Latino America.
Hear how a forbidden word unlocks a sense of belonging for a young Argentinean kid in South Carolina, how one artist has used her work for immigration reform and protest, and about an infamous World Cup qualifying game, played in a stadium that doubled as a political prison. From Chile and Argentina to South Carolina and Michoacán, Radio Ambulante and PRI present Stories from Latin America. Friday, May 9th at 11am.
KALW is proud to be the host station for Radio Ambulante, now heard on radio throughout Latin America and recently awarded Colombia's most prestigious journalism award, the Premio Simon Bolivar.
Your support for Local Public Radio has a global impact. Show your pride with the new Radio Ambulante t-shirt, yours for a contribution of $75 to KALW.