Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Health, Science, Environment
Friday Media Roundtable: Covering the Superstorm
On the next Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation about Hurricane Sandy media coverage. How are media connecting the dots between occurring natural disasters and global warming? We’ll be joined by Grist’s David Roberts and The Nation’s Mark Hertsgaard. Where did you see the best reporting this week? Join us live at 10 or send post your comment here. It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
David Roberts, a staff writer for Grist
Mark Hertsgaard, The Nation's environment correspondent
The Nation: Hurricane Sandy as Greek Tragedy
Wen Stephenson, The Phoenix: A Convenient Excuse
Foreign Policy: We Are All Venetians Now
Businessweek: It's Global Warming, Stupid
Huffington Post: Chuck Todd On Hurricane Sandy: 'It's Called Climate Change' (VIDEO)