Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Friday Media Roundtable: Financial crisis in Detroit and budget showdown in Washington
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, coverage focused on last-ditch efforts to defund Obamacare, and the approaching showdown over the debt ceiling. How are media contextualizing the debate on Capitol Hill? We will also hear about an in-depth investigation into how Detroit went broke. Join the conversation with John Gallagher of the Detroit Free Press and Huffington Post Washington correspondent Michael McAuliff. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Holly Kernan and you.
John Gallagher, staff Writer at Detroit Free Press.
Michael McAuliff, senior congressional correspondent for the Huffington Post
Huffington Post: Republican Leaders Don't Have The Votes For Their Own Hostage Plan
Moyers and Company: Some People Are Making Big Bucks Sabotaging Obamacare