Most Active Stories
- Stanford researchers find teaching technique that closes achievement gap in schools
- Project-based learning gets kids back on track
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
Friday Media Roundtable: Iraq War Anniversary, Obama in Israel & the Occupied Territories
On the next Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll mark the 10- year anniversary of the US invasion of Iraq. How are the media reflecting on their coverage in the lead up to the invasion? We’ll also discuss coverage of President Obama’s trip to Israel and the West Bank. We’ll be joined by the Guardian’s Martin Chulov, The Nation’s Robert Dreyfuss, and independent journalist Sahar Issa will join us from Baghdad. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Sahar Issa, former Baghdad bureau correspondent for McClatchy newspapers
Robert Dreyfuss, contributing editor at The Nation, contributing writer at Mother Jones, senior correspondent for The American Prospect.
Martin Chulov, Middle East correspondent for the Guardian of London
The Nation: WMD in Syria? Here We Go Again
McClatchy: Iraq: ten years later