Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Friday media roundtable: Italy's elections & US debt propaganda
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss coverage of the $85 billion dollar mandatory cuts set to begin on March 1st and the right-wing corporate PR campaigns trying to influence budget talks. We’ll also discuss the parliamentary elections in Italy. We’ll be joined by investigative journalist David Cay Johnston, PR Watch’s Mary Bottari and NPR’s Sylvia Poggioli join us from Rome. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Sylvia Poggioli, senior European correspondent for NPR's foreign desk covering political, economic, and cultural news in Italy, the Vatican, Western Europe and the Balkans
David Cay Johnston, columnist for Tax Analysts and the Columbia Journalism Review, author of several books, including The Fine Print: How Big Companies Use "Plain English" to Rob You Blind
Mary Bottari, director of the Center for Media and Democracy’s Real Economy Project
PR Watch: Peterson’s Puppet
Girlfriend in a Coma: A film by Annalisa Piras with Bill Emmott
PR Watch: Peterson's Pyramid