Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Friday media roundtable: Keystone XL & South Africa's striking miners
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss media coverage of the Farm Bill, which has passed the House and Senate. We’ll also discuss coverage of the Keystone XL pipeline. Hundreds of protests took place this week. The administration has 90 days to make a final decision. And we’ll look at coverage of South African Platinum Miners striking for a living wage. Where did you see the best reporting this week? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Tom Laskawy, executive director of the Food and Environment Reporting Network
Jason Mark, editor of the Earth Island Journal
David Smith, Guardian's Africa correspondent based in Johannesburg
Washington Post: In Congress’s farm bill, the rich get richer
Earth Island Journal: In Wake of State Dept Report on Keystone XL, Enviros Pledge to Keep Fighting