Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Friday Media Roundtable: Protest in Delhi, Al Jazeera on US cable
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. We’ll discuss coverage of the last minute deal in the Senate and House to avert automatic spending cuts and tax hikes with investigative reporter David Cay Johnston. And we’ll get Sandip Roy’s perspective on the brutal gang rape and death of a young woman in New Delhi and the range of reaction in Indian and world media. Also: Al Jazeera will soon be available to many more Americans – will you be watching? We’ll be discussing Al Jazeera’s US launch with Jadaliyya’s Adel Iskandar. It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Sandip Roy, the Culture Editor for Firstpost.com
David Cay Johnston, a Columnist for Tax Analysts and the Columbia Journalism Review
Adel Iskandar, a co-editor of Jadaliyya Ezine
First Post: What one 23-year-old taught us
NY Times: The World’s Worst Poker Player
Market Place: Tax hikes prompt hunt for new tax shelters