Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Friday Media Roundtable: Protests in Turkey and the CIA's torture program
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss media coverage of Senator Dianne Feinstein accusing the CIA of spying on a Senate panel. How are the media linking the latest revelations to the NSA’s mass surveillance program? We’ll also discuss the renewed protests in Turkey. We’ll be joined by McClatchy’s Mark Seibel, investigative journalist and author Mark Danner and the Times of London’s Turkey correspondent Alex Christie-Miller. Where did you see the best reporting this week? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Mark Danner, writer who has covered politics and foreign affairs for three decades and the author Stripping Bare the Body: Politics Violence War
Alexander Christie-Miller, Turkey-based freelance journalist who writes for the Times of London, Eurasianet and the Southeast European Times.
Mark Seibel, chief of correspondents and foreign editor at the McClatchy Newspapers
New York Review of Books: In the Darkness of Dick Cheney