Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Friday Media Roundtable: Terror, law, and politics
On the next your call it’s our Friday media round table. One week after the capture of alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, we'll talk about the full range of coverage, from the manhunt that closed down Boston to the claims and counterclaims about enemy combatants and connections between the bombers and international terror. As you’ve watched these events unfold, what have you learned about our media – and our country? Join the conversation at 10 or email email@example.com. Its Your Call with Malihe Razazan and you.
Anna Badkhen, writer and journalist. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, The New Republic, Foreign Policy, the Boston Globe, among others.
Trevor Aaronson, co-director of the Florida Center for Investigative Reporting and author of The Terror Factory: Inside the FBI’s Manufactured War on Terrorism.
Scott Horton, contributing editor at Harper's magazine, where he covers legal and national security issues. He is also a practicing attorney.
Boston Globe: Brothers in Marathon Bombing Took Two Paths Into Infamy
The Nation: The Chechen-Dagestan Connection to Boston
AlterNet: Glen Greenwald: How Do We Know That the Boston Bombings Were an Act of Terrorism?