Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Friday Media Roundtable: Terror, law, and politics
On the next your call it’s our Friday media round table. One week after the capture of alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, we'll talk about the full range of coverage, from the manhunt that closed down Boston to the claims and counterclaims about enemy combatants and connections between the bombers and international terror. As you’ve watched these events unfold, what have you learned about our media – and our country? Join the conversation at 10 or email email@example.com. Its Your Call with Malihe Razazan and you.
Anna Badkhen, writer and journalist. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, The New Republic, Foreign Policy, the Boston Globe, among others.
Trevor Aaronson, co-director of the Florida Center for Investigative Reporting and author of The Terror Factory: Inside the FBI’s Manufactured War on Terrorism.
Scott Horton, contributing editor at Harper's magazine, where he covers legal and national security issues. He is also a practicing attorney.
Boston Globe: Brothers in Marathon Bombing Took Two Paths Into Infamy
The Nation: The Chechen-Dagestan Connection to Boston
AlterNet: Glen Greenwald: How Do We Know That the Boston Bombings Were an Act of Terrorism?