Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Friday Media Roundtable: "The world's most dangerous beat"
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. How has the 24-hour news-cycle changed the reporting on tragedies like the killings in Newtown, Connecticut? Are renewed calls for gun control for real? And what about the fiscal cliff negotiations? We’ll be joined by veteran DC reporter Kevin Hall and Istanbul-based freelance journalist Justin Vela, who’s back from a year covering what’s been called “the world’s most dangerous beat”: Syria. It’s the Your Call media roundtable, with Matt Martin and you.
Kevin Hall, National Economics Correspondent for McClatchy Newspapers
Justin Vela, an Istanbul-based freelance journalist
Foreign Policy: The Most Dangerous Beat on Earth