Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Friday Media Roundtable: "The world's most dangerous beat"
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. How has the 24-hour news-cycle changed the reporting on tragedies like the killings in Newtown, Connecticut? Are renewed calls for gun control for real? And what about the fiscal cliff negotiations? We’ll be joined by veteran DC reporter Kevin Hall and Istanbul-based freelance journalist Justin Vela, who’s back from a year covering what’s been called “the world’s most dangerous beat”: Syria. It’s the Your Call media roundtable, with Matt Martin and you.
Kevin Hall, National Economics Correspondent for McClatchy Newspapers
Justin Vela, an Istanbul-based freelance journalist
Foreign Policy: The Most Dangerous Beat on Earth