Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Friday Media Roundtable: "The world's most dangerous beat"
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. How has the 24-hour news-cycle changed the reporting on tragedies like the killings in Newtown, Connecticut? Are renewed calls for gun control for real? And what about the fiscal cliff negotiations? We’ll be joined by veteran DC reporter Kevin Hall and Istanbul-based freelance journalist Justin Vela, who’s back from a year covering what’s been called “the world’s most dangerous beat”: Syria. It’s the Your Call media roundtable, with Matt Martin and you.
Kevin Hall, National Economics Correspondent for McClatchy Newspapers
Justin Vela, an Istanbul-based freelance journalist
Foreign Policy: The Most Dangerous Beat on Earth