Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How can storytelling about the ocean help save it?
- Today on Your Call: What happens when parents fund public schools?
Open Air ~ 1/30/14 at 1pm
Galax Quartet - live! ~ Pianist Daniil Trifonov ~ Remembering Folk Singer Pete Seeger
This week on Open Air with host David Latulippe, a live studio performance by the Galax Quartet with contralto Karen Clark; this weekend they are performing a program that pairs avant-garde music from the 16th century with new music, for the San Francisco Early Music Society; Russian pianist Daniil Trifonov shares details about his performances this week with the San Francisco Symphony; Dianne Keogh offers her take on some recent cultural happenings; plus, regular contributor Peter Robinson covers the latest filmed Jack Ryan thriller and offers a personal memory of American folk singer and activist Pete Seeger, who passed away earlier this week at age 94. Open Air with David Latulippe, originally broadcast on Thursday January 30, 2014 at 1pm. Listen now or anytime.