Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Arts & Culture
San Francisco guitar innovator Garrin Benfield is known for a complex, loop-driven solo show – but he’s not doing that on his new album. Now he’s concentrating on singing and playing a finger-style electric guitar.
Benfield says his current sound might best be accompanied by candlelight and a bottle of Pinot Noir. They don’t offer either at the Dolores Park Café in San Francisco, but that’s where you can hear Benfield this Friday, January 6, starting about 7:30pm. All ages are welcome.