Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Out in the Bay - 1/10/13
Get Some Help! Queer mental and emotional health
Mental health experts say LGBT people are more prone to depression, anxiety, substance abuse and suicide than the general population. And anti-gay bullying is not just about kids. Queer LifeSpace and the Trevor Lifeline offer solutions.
Hear more on these challenges and solutions from Nancy Heilner and Kip Williams of Queer Life Space, a non-profit counseling center in San Francisco's Castro neighborhood. Eric Jansen hosts. (Broadcast Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013)