Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Open Air ~ 2/6/14 at 1pm
Gidion's Knot ~ Grimaud plays Brahms ~ Marga Gomez' one-woman show "Lovebirds"
This week, host David Latulippe talks to actresses Jamie Jones and Stacy Ross about their roles, respectively as mother and teacher in Gidion’s Knot, now playing at the Aurora Theatre in Berkeley; we have a backstage visit with pianist Hélène Grimaud, who is in town to play the Brahms piano concerto no 1 with the San Francisco Symphony; performer/comedian Marga Gomez talks about her tenth solo play, Lovebirds, currently presented at The Marsh SF; and San Francisco Chronicle's classical music critic Joshua Kosman shares his classical music picks for the month ahead.
Open Air with David Latulippe; originally broadcast on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 1pm.