Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Golden Gate Toll Booth
Bikes are a common sight around San Francisco, and one of the most celebrated city experiences is biking across the Golden Gate. If you do that on a regular basis, you’ve surely noticed that there are no more toll collecting officers on the Bridge. Earlier this month, we spoke with Jacquie Dean who worked for 18 years in a Golden Gate Bride Toll Booth. After airing her story, we asked what listeners thought about the new toll system.
Click the audio player above to listen to the responses, from listeners Graham Bell and Maggie Lawler.
You can comment on any story you hear on our show. Leave a message at (415) 264-7106.