Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Golden Gate Toll Booth
Bikes are a common sight around San Francisco, and one of the most celebrated city experiences is biking across the Golden Gate. If you do that on a regular basis, you’ve surely noticed that there are no more toll collecting officers on the Bridge. Earlier this month, we spoke with Jacquie Dean who worked for 18 years in a Golden Gate Bride Toll Booth. After airing her story, we asked what listeners thought about the new toll system.
Click the audio player above to listen to the responses, from listeners Graham Bell and Maggie Lawler.
You can comment on any story you hear on our show. Leave a message at (415) 264-7106.