Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Hear Here: A Pop-Up Radio Project
Grilled cheese sandwiches, stories, and you! Join Hear Here next Friday in Downtown Oakland
What happens when you combine local public radio, a story slam, and a grilled cheese cook-off? A recipe for a good time! KALW is bringing you a live menu of food-themed tales from professional storytellers and local residents. It's part of our new community storytelling project, Hear Here: A Pop-Up Radio Project. Be sure to stay for the evening’s three acts:
APPETIZER: Professional storyteller and radio producer hamming it up on stage
MAIN COURSE: Grilled cheese cookoff, judged by select audience members
DESSERT: A multi-course story slam: food memories, disasters, insights, & more.
Performers include author and New America Media editor Andrew Lam, and more! We're still accepting story submissions until Sunday evening, August 5th; to learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HEAR HERE: A POP-UP RADIO PROJECT