Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Hear Here: A Pop-Up Radio Project
Grilled cheese sandwiches, stories, and you! Join Hear Here next Friday in Downtown Oakland
What happens when you combine local public radio, a story slam, and a grilled cheese cook-off? A recipe for a good time! KALW is bringing you a live menu of food-themed tales from professional storytellers and local residents. It's part of our new community storytelling project, Hear Here: A Pop-Up Radio Project. Be sure to stay for the evening’s three acts:
APPETIZER: Professional storyteller and radio producer hamming it up on stage
MAIN COURSE: Grilled cheese cookoff, judged by select audience members
DESSERT: A multi-course story slam: food memories, disasters, insights, & more.
Performers include author and New America Media editor Andrew Lam, and more! We're still accepting story submissions until Sunday evening, August 5th; to learn more, email email@example.com.
HEAR HERE: A POP-UP RADIO PROJECT