Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Guilt at Work
Many people feel guilt about what they've done or didn't do in their worklife: from knowing teammates will pick up their slack to guilt-tripping a romantic partner into earning all the income. And then there's lying on a resume or stealing from your employer: exaggerating hours billed for, padding expense accounts, taking sick days so you can see the Giants play, fooling around on the Internet for a couple hours at work, etc.
On the Mar. 3, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, it's true confessions time, perhaps including justifications of such actions, for example, "My employer is unfair; it's just payback."
In addition, I'll offer my favorite new career-related tips plus invite listeners to call in for a three-minute workover.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard Sundays from 11 am to noon on 91.7 FM, KALW, San Francisco.
upcoming show, Work with Marty Nemko