Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How can storytelling about the ocean help save it?
- Today on Your Call: What happens when parents fund public schools?
Guilt at Work
Many people feel guilt about what they've done or didn't do in their worklife: from knowing teammates will pick up their slack to guilt-tripping a romantic partner into earning all the income. And then there's lying on a resume or stealing from your employer: exaggerating hours billed for, padding expense accounts, taking sick days so you can see the Giants play, fooling around on the Internet for a couple hours at work, etc.
On the Mar. 3, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, it's true confessions time, perhaps including justifications of such actions, for example, "My employer is unfair; it's just payback."
In addition, I'll offer my favorite new career-related tips plus invite listeners to call in for a three-minute workover.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard Sundays from 11 am to noon on 91.7 FM, KALW, San Francisco.
upcoming show, Work with Marty Nemko