Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Where is San Francisco's transportation system headed?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Guilt at Work
Many people feel guilt about what they've done or didn't do in their worklife: from knowing teammates will pick up their slack to guilt-tripping a romantic partner into earning all the income. And then there's lying on a resume or stealing from your employer: exaggerating hours billed for, padding expense accounts, taking sick days so you can see the Giants play, fooling around on the Internet for a couple hours at work, etc.
On the Mar. 3, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, it's true confessions time, perhaps including justifications of such actions, for example, "My employer is unfair; it's just payback."
In addition, I'll offer my favorite new career-related tips plus invite listeners to call in for a three-minute workover.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard Sundays from 11 am to noon on 91.7 FM, KALW, San Francisco.
upcoming show, Work with Marty Nemko