Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Gym Manager Booby-Traps Locker To Catch Thief
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Thieves have been breaking into gym lockers and stealing wallets at Vita Fitness in Washington, D.C., so manager Chris Kopp posted a sign reminding people about the surveillance cameras in the locker room. But as NBC 4 reports, Kopp went further. He slapped a flimsy lock on one locker and rigged it so flour would poof out on the person who opened it. Sure enough, a would-be thief took the bait and got covered in flour. Did that make it a white collar crime? You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.