Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Gym Manager Booby-Traps Locker To Catch Thief
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Thieves have been breaking into gym lockers and stealing wallets at Vita Fitness in Washington, D.C., so manager Chris Kopp posted a sign reminding people about the surveillance cameras in the locker room. But as NBC 4 reports, Kopp went further. He slapped a flimsy lock on one locker and rigged it so flour would poof out on the person who opened it. Sure enough, a would-be thief took the bait and got covered in flour. Did that make it a white collar crime? You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.