Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Halloween Chicago-Style: 'Da Mayor And 'Da Zombies
Originally published on Mon October 31, 2011 3:44 pm
Set aside your doubts about zombies and ignore the signs of Photoshopping (like that reflection in the window of a guy with a baseball cap).
NPR's David Schaper, who tipped us off to this bit of Halloween whimsy from 'Da Mayor's office suggests: "Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel makes sure the living dead, as well as the dead dead, are registered to vote in Chicago's next election."
Emanuel's office, which posted the picture, offered this: "In case of a zombie apocalypse, remember to stay calm like Rahm. Have a happy and safe Halloween, Chicago!"
We were thinking along these lines: "Everybody knew the dead voted in Chicago, but do they also get to ride with 'Da Mayor?"
Have at it in the comments thread. And stay safe tonight.