Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
out In The Bay 7-3-14
Harm Reduction: An Alternative to 12-Step Recovery
Dr. Patt Denning is the creator of the revolutionary San Francisco's Harm Reduction Therapy Center. Her book, "Practicing Harm Reduction" is the bible in this alternative approach to treating addiction. In the 1990's it became a new strategy for AIDS prevention and is widely regarded as a more tolerant and accepting strategy for working with addicts. Marilyn interviews her Thursday, July 3rd, 2014, at 7pm PT on 91.7fm and kalw.org.