Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
out In The Bay 7-3-14
Harm Reduction: An Alternative to 12-Step Recovery
Dr. Patt Denning is the creator of the revolutionary San Francisco's Harm Reduction Therapy Center. Her book, "Practicing Harm Reduction" is the bible in this alternative approach to treating addiction. In the 1990's it became a new strategy for AIDS prevention and is widely regarded as a more tolerant and accepting strategy for working with addicts. Marilyn interviews her Thursday, July 3rd, 2014, at 7pm PT on 91.7fm and kalw.org.