Most Active Stories
- Pastor Megan Rohrer: A shepherd finds the perfect flock
- City Visions: Having Overcome Challenges, The San Francisco Zoo Embraces its Mission
- Remembering Robin Williams' visit to KALW
- Your Call: What can we do to create safe spaces for women?
- North Beach tenants find strength and friendship as they fight to keep their homes
out In The Bay 7-3-14
Harm Reduction: An Alternative to 12-Step Recovery
Dr. Patt Denning is the creator of the revolutionary San Francisco's Harm Reduction Therapy Center. Her book, "Practicing Harm Reduction" is the bible in this alternative approach to treating addiction. In the 1990's it became a new strategy for AIDS prevention and is widely regarded as a more tolerant and accepting strategy for working with addicts. Marilyn interviews her Thursday, July 3rd, 2014, at 7pm PT on 91.7fm and kalw.org.