Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Out in the Bay - May 17, 2012 - Jazz & Milk
Harvey Milk and "Something Cool" on this week's hour-long Out in the Bay
Harvey Milk & Veronica Klaus This week's Out in the Bay is a full hour, with transgender jazz chanteuse Veronica Klaus gracing us with the world radio premiere of her new CD, "Something Cool" -- which she'll present live at The Rrazz Room next Monday and Tuesday, May 21-22 -- and telling tales from her life in S.F. during our first half-hour. Then hear writer and editor Vince Emery share thoughts and writings of slain gay civil rights leader Harvey Milk from Emery's just-published book, The Harvey Milk Interviews: In His Own Words. You'll also hear from Milk himself, in two audio clips of a Milk interview when he was a San Francisco supervisor.