Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Hear Hear: A Pop-Up Radio Project
Over the next 12 months, KALW 91.7FM Local Public Radio will be asking the residents of San Francisco and Oakland to tell stories of how they Work, Eat, Love, Play, Worship, and Create. We want you to share what’s important in your life – your projects, your relationships, your passions – to help us put the “public” back in “public media.” Together, we’ll illuminate life in these two cities, just miles apart, and draw out the common threads that tie us together. And we’ll share what we’ve learned on air, online, on stage, and in public.
How does it work?
Every two months, we’ll choose a theme (Work, Eat, Love, Play, Worship, and Create), and ask you to submit stories in sound and photography, using mobile and online tools. Sometimes we’ll ask a guiding question on air or online; sometimes we’ll pop up in a neighborhood near you, and ask you to drop by and talk to us. It’ll be fun. And you’ll get to know the Bay Area through the people who shape it, day in and day out.
Find Hear Here online!
- Share your story or listen to others at hearhere.kalw.org.
- Follow @HearHereRadio on Twitter to find out where Hear Here producers are popping up in your community.
- "Like" Hear Here on Facebook to get news about the project.
- Submit photos of Oakland and San Francisco to the Hear HearFlickr group.
- Look out for featured Hear Here stories on the KALW News page.